The winter holidays are a time for celebration, and that means more cooking, decorating, and entertaining. These things and the use of heating equipment create an increased risk of fire. For a happy and fire-safe holiday season follow these simple tips:
* Choose decorations that are flame resistant or flame retardant.
* Keep lit candles away from decorations and other things that can burn.
* Use lights that have a label from an independent testing laboratory.
* To avoid damage to wiring use clips not nails to hang lights.
* Test your smoke detectors! You should have at least one detector on each level of your home.
* Keep children and pets away from lit candles.
* Stay in the kitchen when cooking on the stove-top.
Click on attached link from the National Fire Protection Association for more information.
Have a happy and fire-safe holiday and winter season.