1) We changed the amount of taxable social security benefits because there was an error in the taxable amount.
2) We changed the amount of tax. The tax rates on qualified dividends and captial gains are generally lower than the standard rates.
3) The amount of tax entered was incorrect based on your taxable income and filing status.
4) We changed the amount of total income because there was an error in the computation.
5) We changed the adjusted gross income section. The entry for one half of your self-employment tax was missing or incorrect.
Ken Tapya, CPA - If you have any tax issues to discuss you can reach me at 201-680-1052 or email firstname.lastname@example.org