Do you have plans for the weekend yet? Here are some things happening around East Brunswick Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
1. The final Splash Bash of the season will be held from 6-10 p.m. Friday, Aug. 16 at Crystal Springs.
Open to students in grades 6-8, the night will feature music, volleyball, karaoke, and other outdoor activities at the water park. Admission is free for Crystal Springs members, $10 for non-members.
2. The township Emergency Services departments will host Community Night Out from 3-9 p.m. Saturday at the Community Arts Center. The event will feature rides, food, a tricky tray auction and a free concert at 7 p.m.
3. The School of Rock Somerville will present a concert from 5-9 p.m. Saturday at the East Brunswick Elks Lodge, 21 Oakmont Ave. Tickets are $15.
4. Pile the kids in the car and go for a drive. The VFW Sunday Family Drive will begin at 1 p.m. at the East Brunswick VFW, 485 Cranbury Road.
The drive will proceed to four other VFW locations, in Milltown, South River, Sayreville and Old Bridge before returning to the East Brunswick location. Participants will gather points along the way with prizes going to the top scorers, and proceeds from the event will benefit VFW programs. More information here.
5. If you're looking for a quieter way to spend Saturday, consider visiting the chess club at the East Brunswick Library. From 1:30-3 p.m., chess players of all ages are invited to come and play.