East Brunswick Emergency Services personnel, consisting of the Police Department, all three volunteer Fire Departments and the volunteer Rescue Squad, will hold a Community Night Out on Saturday, August 17, 2013 from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Community Arts Center, located at 721 Cranbury Road, East Brunswick.
All of the Emergency Service organizations place great importance on giving back to the community that they serve, and as such, are holding an event to raise proceeds to benefit East Brunswick recreational programs for the youth and community of East Brunswick.
The public is invited to enjoy rides, food, a Tricky Tray, and a Super 50/50.
There will be a unique opportunity to meet and speak with police officers, fire fighters, and emergency medical personnel while exploring some of the vehicles and equipment they all use.
“This is a unique opportunity for members of the community we serve to come out and meet their emergency responders in an informal environment and learn more about what we do, while helping support a community project”, said Lieutenant Frank LoSacco, President of the East Brunswick Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) Lodge 98, who represents the Superior Officers of the East Brunswick Police.
“We will be having our firefighters and other emergency responders cooking food and answering questions”, said Firefighter Scott Kelton of the East Brunswick Fire District #2.
According to East Brunswick Councilwoman Denise Contrino, “There will be a large amount of gifts available at our Tricky Tray and there will be a FREE outdoor concert at 7 p.m. by the country rock band Tequila Rose”.
The East Brunswick Emergency Organizations being represented are:
· East Brunswick Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) Lodge 98 (EB Police Superior Officers)
· East Brunswick Policemen’s Benevolent Association (PBA) Local 145 (EB Police Officers)
· East Brunswick Fire District #1 (Old Bridge Volunteer Fire Company)
· East Brunswick Fire District #2 (Independent Fire Company)
· East Brunswick Fire District #3 (Brookview Volunteer Fire Company)
· East Brunswick Rescue Squad-East Brunswick Emergency Services