The leaves are already coming down at a good clip.
Don’t worry, just like every year, the township has a plan.
In East Brunswick, residents have four ways to get rid of their leaves, they can bag them and leave them on the curb on the four the four scheduled recycling days, rake loose leaves to the curb line during the loose leaf schedule, drop leaves off at the Recycling Center, or have a landscaping contractor haul leaves to the Compost site.
Here are the instructions as posted by the township. See the attachment with the story for a full pick up schedule.
Bagged Leaf Instructions
- Biodegradable bags can be picked up at the Recycling Center, 357 Dunhams Corner Road, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Proof of residency will be required.
- Bagged leaves will be collected on four recycling collection days as per schedule (see attached schedule).
- Bagged leaves may only be placed in biodegradable bags. Plastic bags will not be collected. In addition, leaf bags are to be used for leaves only. Do not place brush, branches, soil, yard waste or trash in bags.
Loose Leaf Raking Instructions
- Remove vehicles from the roadway between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. during your scheduled collection dates.
- Do not rake leaves to the curb prior to seven days of scheduled pickup. All raking should be completed before your scheduled pickup time.
- Rake leaves to the curb line, not in the street. Leaves raked into the street cause serious traffic hazards.
- Remove all brush, branches, soil, yard waste and trash. Failure to remove these items can result in injuries and costly damage to Township equipment.
- Do not block storm water catch basins with leaves. Leaves must be no closer than 10 feet from catch basins as mandated in the New Jersey Storm Water Regulations.
- Loose leaves will not be collected after the scheduled collection dates. These leaves must be placed in biodegradable bags.
The Department of Public Works will not collect material that does not conform to the guidelines. In addition, commercial landscapers serving East Brunswick can get a permit to use the township’s leaf/compost site. For more information call 732-390-6984.