The East Brunswick Patch’s Facebook friends are coming up big.
Here’s a list of gas stations in the area that readers say are open and places people can go to charge their phones.
Patch doesn't know if these places are open, or are still open. It is what people are telling us.
Updated at 3 p.m.
- Home depot in East Brunswick has a table setup for charging devices!
- Sunoco on Route 9 north in Old Bridge.
- Hess on Route 9 south in South Amboy, Sam's Club Edison. Be prepared for SEVERE BACKUPS!
- Wawa on Route 9 in Woodbridge
- I heard Starbucks is open for charging, also the rest stop
- Joyce Kilmer rest stop for those who know the back way in off Dunhams Corner Road (Dunhams Corner entrance is now closed)
- Raceway on Route 1 going towards Edison. A little further down two Shell stations are open (opposite sides if route 1). Huge lines.
- Hess is open on Route 1 in South Brunswick northbound.
- Hess on Route 18 in East Brunswick (DIESEL ONLY)
- BP And Valero on Route 130 in South Brunswick. There is at least an hour wait.
- The Shell on Route 1 and Old Post Road in Edison.
- Route 9 norht of Route 34 in Old Bridge through Sayreville is open.
- In South Bround Brook there are some stores and restaurants open. Subway, Bella Roma Pizza, Royal Mini Mart and Ctown supermarket are all open if people need supplies although the gas station in town is not open.
- Route 1 in North Brunswick has some open but lines are insane.
- Hess south bound 18 by Lowes was just getting fuel about 30 minutes ago.
- Gasco on Route 33 in Hamilton.
- Valero on Route 130 in Cranbury.
- Garden State Fuel on Route 130 in Cranbury.
- Exxon at Old Cranbury Road in East Windsor.
- Riggins Gas on Mercer Street in Hightstown.