The East Brunswick Police Department and the East Brunswick Office of Emergency Management is closely monitoring Hurricane Sandy. The storm is expected to impact our township starting Monday morning and continuing into Wednesday. We will continue to provide updates as the storm arrives and continues to affect the township.
Austin Kosik, East Brunswick Emergency Management Coordinator, advises, “the township is prepared and ready to respond. You have time to prepare! Please remove and secure all lawn ornaments, clean gutters, remove all tree limbs and clean the closest catch basin of debris.
Some additional guidelines to assist you in being prepared:
* Be prepared to evacuate if instructed to do so by local officials.
* Be prepared for long term power outages, be prepared for one to two weeks.
* Clear leaves away from storm drains in the street and around your home.
* Keep a three to five day supply of food and water for each person in your home. Stock up on non- perishables that don't require refrigeration in case of a power outage.
* Have an "Emergency Preparedness Kit" with first aid supplies, tools, batteries, transistor radio, medications and other specialty items on hand.
If you want real –time updates on the storm, follow Kosik on Twitter at https://local.nixle.com/register/
Follow Mayor David Stahl at https://local.nixle.com/register/
Follow Deputy Chief William Krauss at https://twitter.com/WilliamKrause2.
Sign up for Global Connect at THIS LINK.
And of course, for everything East Brunswick and New Jersey, follow the East Brunswick patch here. Visit www.facebook.com/EastBrunswickPatch and like us. You can also find us on Twitter at twitter.com/EBrunswickPatch.