According to the CPD's website:
The six new members elected to the CPD's board of directors are:
- Mitchell E. Daniels, Jr., President, Purdue University
- Charles Gibson, Former Anchor, ABC World News with Charles Gibson
- Jane Harman, Director, President and CEO, Woodrow Wilson Center for International Scholars
- Leon E. Panetta, Chairman, Panetta Institute for Public Policy
- Olympia Jean Snowe, Former U.S. Senator
- Dr. Shirley M. Tilghman, Former President, Princeton University
Fahrenkopf and McCurry noted that "Presidential debates reach more viewers and listeners than any other political programming. They educate voters and motivate citizens to learn about the candidates and the issues. The CPD is dedicated to developing formats that will allow these exchanges to best serve the public, and we are grateful to engage our six new directors in planning for 2016. Their individual and collective experience in public service, media and education is extensive and respected. We are honored to have them join the CPD."
In addition to the co-chairs, the current CPD directors are Howard G. Buffett, John C. Danforth, John Griffen, Antonia Hernandez, Reverend John I. Jenkins, Newton N. Minow, Richard D. Parsons, Dorothy Ridings, and Alan K. Simpson.