The Fourth of July is just around the corner, and while there are no plans for a fireworks show in East Brunswick, there are plenty of places close by to see them.
- Milltown: As usual, Milltown has a whole day of great events planned to celebrate Independence Day. The day includes a fishing derby at 6 a.m. and a Fun Run, followed by a parade at 10 a.m. The parade begins at Van Liew Avenue and continues down Main Street to East Lincoln and then to JFK Boulevard, ending at Violet Terrace. Festivities will continue at Borough Park with rides for the kids, ice cream, food, music and more. Stay for the hot dog eating contest at 2:30 p.m. Live music begins at 7 p.m. until the fireworks begin at about 9:30 p.m. The rain date is July 7. Visit the borough's website, www.milltownnj.org, for more information.
- South Brunswick: The annual will be held on July 6 on the grounds between both , beginning at 6:30 p.m. The fireworks will begin around 9 p.m. Rain date is July 7 for fireworks only.
- New Brunswick: New Brunswick will celebrate Independence Day on Sunday, July 1, with a joint fireworks display over the Raritan River, viewable by both New Brunswick and Highland Park. At 7 p.m., Rumba Con Son will give a free concert in Boyd Park. At 9 p.m., the Preamble to the Declaration of Independence will be publicly read and fireworks will commence at 9:15 p.m. Free parking is available at the Public Safety Parking Deck at the corner of Commercial Avenue and Neilson Street, and handicapped parking is available in Boyd Park. Seating is available in the park's amphitheater, but attendees can also bring lawn chairs or blankets to sit on to watch the fireworks. Picnicking is permitted, but no alcohol is allowed in the park.
- Highland Park: On the other side of the Raritan River, Highland Park will begin its festivities at 2:15 p.m. in Donaldson Park. Donaldson Park performers are scheduled beginning at 2:30 p.m.
- Woodbridge: will be celebrating the 4th of July on the 3rd this year—that's next Tuesday. The fireworks extravaganza will be held once again at in Sewaren. Gates open at 4 p.m. The event is free and sponsored by in Fords. The fireworks display will once again be put on by Pyrotecnico. The rain date is July 5.